Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ways to find extra money

Well as most of you have been able to tell from this blog.....I'm desperate to find some extra money.

I have come up with a few ideas to help in this matter.

1.  I'm going to have a garage sale in June.  I have to wait until I'm done with school. 
This is hard for someone like me because....I have an extreme dislike for garage sales.  I always have.  I'm not sure where it stems from but I have never liked them.  I don't go to them. I don't have them and I don't like everything surrounding them.  But......like I said....I'm desperate.  Therefore, I will be having a garage sale.  There are lots of things I have and I don't need.  I'm setting a very modest goal of $200  in earnings.  I just keep thinking that it's a waste of time after you consider the hours you invest in those things...but.....I'm going to do it anyway.



2.  Selling books on Amazon
This will also be hard for me....I love books.  I have an unhealthy love for books on a bookshelf and just seeing the line of books.  I don't need these books.  I've already read them and I may or may not read them again.  They are just taking up space. 

3.  Selling DVD's on Amazon
This will not be as hard as the book thing for me because I'm not a big fan of movies but I plan to part with a lot of them.  I don't need them.  I don't watch them, they are taking up space and I probably won't watch them in the future as I like TV less and less all the time.  After all if I get the urge to watch something I can always stick it in my Netflix que and watch it in a day or so. 


4.  I just realized we have two Nintendo DS that we could sell.  My husband and I used them to lay in bed and play scrabble against eachother. (stupid spending huh!)  Anyway.  I'm going to be selling those on Amazon too!  I really forgot we had those so they will be good additions to the Amazon account. 


Other possibilities include selling our TV downstairs.  We have a second TV that we never watch.  It is just there.....The only problem is without the tv it really would render the downstairs useless with a really nice sectional staring at a blank wall....hmmmm




Work called me this morning since they knew I was in the hunt for extra hours and I'm working 11p-7a tonight....which translates to overtime with weekend and overnight pay differential.......big big bucks!! WAHOO!!!!!

Off I go to the shower this girls earning some big bucks while the rest of the world is snoozing or partying!!

1 comment:

  1. Goo d for you these are positive moves. Although I have worked my butt off to make money at a yard sale and only made $36.00. So unless you have many quality items you may be very disappointed. You might do better selling anything of value on e-bay.

    ReplyDelete