Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Busy and ideas

I've been busy today taking a recertification class for work.  It is pretty boring but necessary and at least it will allow me to have four more hours than usual on my paycheck!  Bonus!

I have recovered nicely from my breakdown yesterday and I feel at little better.  I'm so thankful to have a very supportive and understanding husband.  I am also truly touched by the outpouring of support from the blogging community.  It really helped.  I feel like with the support of my husband and this blog I really can make my financial goals happen this time.

Anyway...I have an idea to help me out.  I saw on someone's list that they had the normal prices and sale prices in a little table on their blog.  I decided this would help me out a lot.  I have a hard time determining if something is really a good deal when it goes on sale.  In today's mail I got a few grocery store ads so I am going to search through them, create a spreadsheet and try to become a more educated grocery shopper. 
I am really wanting to hit my grocery budget and focus on it.  I feel like I do a lot of spending and wasting and I need to plan ahead more and better utilize my food purchases. 

Have a wonderful day my fellow bloggers and thanks again for all your support.  ((HUGS))

1 comment:

  1. I only purchase loss leaders at the local store. I have my regular list of needs, like milk, bread, etc. But I stock up and have a pantry to grab from. This has taken a while to build, but saves huge in the long run. When you see a great buy on say chicken broth 2/$1, buy 4 and stock them. Then when you need this for a recipe go to the pantry. Things I stock are, staples, cake mix, vegetable and beans canned, tomato products, pasta, peanut butter, jelly, mayonnaise. Just the basics we use every week. If you work toward this you will save a ton of money. Grocery stores hate people who only come in and shop just for sale items. We are called cherry pickers!

    ReplyDelete