Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hustling for another job

I've been applying for several second jobs and I haven't had any luck so far.  I've gotten desperate.  I'm educated and in a field that is supposedly in high demand....I'm not sure why I'm not having any luck finding a second job.  Ugh. It's so frusterating because I'm feeling trapped.  We desperately need more money being brought in especially if I want to widdle away at our debt. 
So, I've been hitting up co-workers and professional friends about a second job.  If they know anything to keep me in mind.  I was trying to keep my desperation somewhat quiet but I've resorted to asking them for phone numbers, references and help.  I do have one possible lead.  I'm not going to call it promising yet.  It would definately not be in my ideal job environment but I'm desperate and it pays well.  That's what happens when its hard to find employees....the pay gets better.  Well, I'll take it!  I can't take anything yet because I just called the director and left a message on his voicemail.  I'm hoping it will work out because we are getting further behind financially.
  DH (dear husband)  is in college full time and isn't working much....especially with upcoming finals. 
I don't want him to be too stressed over our finances because I would really like him to focus on school but secretly inside I'm freaking out!!!!
I just have these little day dreams of a second job bringing in that extra money and finally getting caught up and making progress on our debt! 

Fingers crossed all my blogging friends that something will come of my second job search soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment