Friday, April 29, 2011

The realistic game plan

The new game plan...well it's the more realistic game plan.

Not to work on getting out of debt....yet
Get current on all bills
No more overdrafts!


At this point I am not working on paying down my debt...I'm working on paying my current bills and getting by 3 more weeks when my husband will be done with school and able to work more.

I am excited to be working a few extra hours this week and 12 extra hours next week.  My husband also picked up a few extra hours that were available. YEAH!!

I called my bank and we are skipping one payment on a small loan since we have never been late we qualify to do so.  The banker is extremely nice and supportive she told me that she went through the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University also and she really learned a lot from it.  She encouraged me to call her if we need anything or if I just need to cry.  She has known my husband since he was in junior high school! 
I appreciate her support and kindness so much. I have known  a few bankers that were so mean.  It's nice not to have that. 

I did some research and there are some FPU classes coming up starting June 2nd....so I signed up. 
I at least feel like I'm doing something about the mess I'm in. 

Still no word on the hunt for a second job.  I have called and tried to see if I can get some old friends to put in good words for me.  Fingers crossed it works.

3 comments:

  1. You are making solid decisions. You can't start to pay down debt until you've got the current bills under control and figured into a budget. Taking FPU is a perfect first step. You'll find support there and learn a ton! Deciding to take that first step is huge! Great job and your PF friends will be here to cheer you on!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where you need to be. I am happy you are picking up extra shifts you need to stabilize. Once you hit status quot you will be able to breath and cry less. We all had to do this. Those big bills are not going to disappear over night. This is a long journey. You cannot help a sucking chest wound. So let's stop the bleeding and then we will heal you! I am along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! good for you! you've done well to call her about the payments and make an arrangement. You're right to focus on no new debt & getting current, and it's great that you found a FPU class.

    ReplyDelete