Monday, May 2, 2011

minor triumphs

Minor moments of triumph

I've noticed when starting from scratch on trying to change a behavior and mindset the little moments need rewarded.  I am no different than a child learning how to potty train....I need sticker charts, M & M's or praise.  Preferably all three! 




Anyway,  I've been really proud of my husband and I despite our minor learning lessons such as a $3.95 activation fee and a coupon-less paper. 

The past week we have
1. Severely limited our spending and have budgeted gas properly not having to utilize our debit card once. 
2. Clipped a bunch o coupons and put them in a coupon organizer that I already had in the garage.
3. Developed a game plan complete with a date of a garage sale for a little extra cash for bills, etc
4. Signed up for a Financial Peace University Class that starts the first week of June
5. Made dinners from what I already had in the house with only minimal purchases at the grocery store but always used cash
6.  Talked to bank and will skip one months payment on a small loan and try to get caught up.
7. Took a mental inventory of items that can be placed on Amazon for sale and will start putting them online next week. 


We are really working hard together and I think we have talked more about money in the past 2 weeks than we have in a long time.  I know that's not good but we have not gotten angry with each other.  We have remained supportive and realized we need to make some serious changes together.

I'm really excited to use some of the coupons I've clipped and see if I can have some good savings too!  I've been putting off buying some essentials so it will be nice to restock!


Again I really really appreciate all my blogger friends and their constant support.  I am so motivated to keep up the commitment to our financial future because I see your stories of struggle and inspiration to keep working on it! 



3 comments:

  1. You guys are really doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, but remember at this point it is very important to earn more money. So work those extra shifts and when Hubby gets done with school get him working and try to get something paid off so you can start making progress. You don't want to he here again when you are both in school once more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping in for the first time after my sister, Sarah, signed us up to follow your blog.

    WE CAN BOTH RELATE to your frustration and desperation to get things straightened out again!!!

    I agree - this PF community is incredibly supportive, and it helps so much knowing there are others who understand :)

    Hang in there, and congratulations on any and all triumphs!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete