Saturday, April 30, 2011

Grand Plan....Foiled Again.

I seem to have all these grand plans for saving money and somehow by some minor detail they get foiled....

It's happened again.

I have a local grocer that by every $100 spent you accumulate $0.10 off in fuel purchases at their gas stations...
It's wonderful.  Especially since my husband and I both commute to work. 

They had a recent advertisement that showed a visa gift card that you could get 4X the points for and numerous other gift cards that you get double points for...
Well I had a great idea. I would purchase 2 of the visa gift cards and the better half and I would use those to fuel up as well as getting a lot off in our gas purchases.



I joyfully headed to the register and checked out...all smiles...



My joy comes to a screeching halt once I realize there is a $3.95 activation fee.....



@#(*#@)!$     #)%((@*)$#(    @)#($* #)(@$*


There goes all my savings....ugh....activation fees....ugh...

My grand plan of saving money....foiled again....In the morning when I get off work I'm headed to the grocery store to get a few necessities and the Sunday paper....hopefully this time it will have ads in it....There aren't any holidays tomorrow right???

2 comments:

  1. That stinks! Seems like there's always a catch, isn't there? On a happy note, no holiday today and lots of ads/coupons!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Oregon and we had some fantastic ads in the Oregonian!!

    Hey you were trying, dont be discouraged. It's a learning process that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete