Friday, April 29, 2011

looking ahead

I'm trying to remain somewhat positive and looking ahead knowing things will get better.  It is so hard sometimes.  Especially this week.  My husband and I get paid next Friday (every other week) so it seems we are always struggling on week 2.  Only during the winter though...my husband is a full time student so he isn't able to work as much during the school year so it tends to get pretty tight for us.  This year has been worse than last.  Ugh.
Despite my attempts to really tighten the budget the past month it still seems like things aren't getting better.
My internet was shut off yesterday.  Ugh....this cannot happen. My husband needs it for school and so do I.  I am going part time to finish my bachelors and take advantage of the financial aid to help pay for his school too.  It's crazy.  I can't believe it's gotten this bad.  Well I called and had it turned back on.  I made a payment that will send our account overdrawn but I felt like I didn't have a choice.  We simply must have internet for school and we live in the country so it's not really feasible for us to go to a library,coffeeshop and use their wifi since we live so far away.  I did call and work had an opening from 3-7pm today so I'm working that and I picked up an extra 12 hours next week too. 
I just keep trying to tell myself that in 3 weeks when finals are over we both can work more and get caught up.  In the meantime I have a call into my bank....I'm going to ask if I can pay my mortgage on Friday of next week instead of Monday since I will not have any money in the account to cover it.....sob......
This is so hard for me.  I've been crying for the past 2 or 3 days about it. 
I hate this so much.  I hate hate hate this.

4 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. Sending you lots of cyber hugs. You will get through this and you will come out stronger and happier on the other side. Hang in there!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of those situations where the internet is a need, not a want. You need it on so you can both study, just concentrate on what you can control, (your study, your spending)and take one day at a time ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like to me that you do not earn enough to pay your necessary expenses. This means you need to get to that point. School aside someone has to meet the minimum expenses. No amount of trying to cut back will help if you don't make enough money to cover the minimum. What can I do to help you? I have been here before there are many steps you can take. Don't cry although I know I did, it is just self defeating. I just want to reach out and take you ledgers away and bring you to even. But I can't. I can help you try to see where you need to be however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete