Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's payday and I'm scared

Well Friday was payday....and I still haven't looked at my bank account.  Even though I know my paycheck had an extra $500 on it due to working a lot of extra overtime, I still don't want to look. 
I should look.  I know. 
I just really hate it.  I hate looking at our finances and feeling like I've worked so much lately and I've gotten nowhere or feeling like I spend my entire paycheck in less than one hour on the computer paying bills and then realizing that I have 12 days until my next paycheck...how will I get by.
Wondering what will come up in the next 12 days that will require money that I don't have because I don't have an emergency fund yet. 
Sigh.  Guess I'll try to coax myself to logging in to the bank account...Maybe I'll check my e-mail first.

6 comments:

  1. I completely feel your pain! I especially hate it because all my bills are scheduled through my bank, so as soon as my paycheck hits, the bank tells me what's free to spend after bills instead of just what's in there right now. So it looks like I made next to nothing!

    I try to remind myself that the reason I'm doing this is so that one day I won't have to pay down all this debt any more! Doesn't always work, but I try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going go get through this because you are going to get through this. That is why! I too don't want to look at my bank account, but I do because no one else will do it for me. I am here to remind you that is you live the painful truth today you will really be happy about it down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were able to look and that it wasn't so bad. Keep your head up and stay positive :) Things will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean!! I try so hard but I feel like we just can't get ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate looking at my pay cheques. I get paid so little that i can hardly keep afloat, but unfortunately I just have to live with it. Good on you for having worked overtime, though. We aren't even allowed to work overtime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will change for you once you get your debt paid off. I was there once and so sad when there was no money left after paying bills. Now, I love seeing money left after paying bills and even money left when the next payday gets here.

    You will get there, I promise.

    ReplyDelete