Thursday, May 19, 2011

opened the door for opportunity

Opportunity knocked.....I answered. 

I accepted a new job.  I will still remain at my old job on an "as needed" basis.  I have been at my "old" job for almost 11 years.  So it is amazingly hard to decrease my hours but this job will be a professional advancement and huge challenge.  I am excited but so nervous. 

The plus side to the job change -   The professional opportunities, I will have the "as needed" job so I will be able to supplement my income considerably.

The negatives to the job change - I will be driving farther to work and the pay is $13/week less.....
Ok...I know what you are thinking. 
You are driving farther AND taking a paycut  are you mad????

The Answer:

Maybe.  This job I have been applying for since 2009 and I've never even had an interview.  It will advance my career.  Yes, it's bad in the short term but it will place me much farther ahead in the long run.  It also gives me the opportunity to have my current job on an "as needed" basis so my pay will increase about $10/hour and I can pick the hours and how many hours I want to have.  This will help our income considerably and offset the job change in the short term. 


On the financial saving side of life - - -

I went to Dillons (Kroger) and purchased $121 in groceries and some of the goodies I had coupons for and guess how much I paid....$53!!!  This is really good for a newbie coupon-er like me. 
I was thrilled. 


Well until later.

Happy Saving!!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you. You are making progress. Go read through your posts from a month ago and see how far you have come! I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! sometimes it's a smart career move to take a lower paid job if it gives you good experience. When I changed careers I took a job at less pay than my teenage children just to get the experience, it paid off though in the long run. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the couponing!!! I think your job change sounds like a very wise decision. How are your boys doing with Grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job! and Im pretty jealous on your coupon savings! Wish I was that good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my extended blogging family!!! Your support has helped me keep focused and make some positive experiences in my life!! Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete