Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Made $100 in groceries today!!!

Holy Macaroni!

I'm so excited.  I made $100 in groceries today. 
How do you ask???

My Dillons is running a promotion.  For each prescription you transfer to them and fill they will place $25 onto your Dillons card.  You can only use $25 at a time but for me and my grocery budget this is huge!  My prescriptions were formerly at Walgreens but I was considering transferring anyway because they don't have the $4 prescription plan and so I was spending $6 extra each month to pay my insurance co-pay. 
The promotion was just the nudge I needed to go ahead and transfer my prescription. 
WAHOO

The other exciting news is I sent the forms into my bank to delay one of our payments by a month.  The banker emailed me to let me know she received the form and I emailed her to thank her for all her support, kindness and help during our hard times.  I also told her we were starting the financial peace univ.  next month.  She sent the nicest response back.  She was amazingly kind and sent me the form her family created for their budgeting purposes.  She encouraged me to let her know if we have questions or need support. 
I am so lucky we have a wonderful bank to work with. 

I also started the spending diary online and hope it will help us to budget better and track our spending. 

We get paid on Friday and it can't come soon enough.  The good news is I will have a lot of overtime on this paycheck! YEAH!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Suna, that's all good news :) It's the little things that make the big things isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I knew you could do this. Keep it up and we are here for you when you hit a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kindness of people can go a long way in helping us on our journey. I find that sometimes I feel rather "sub-human" for being so in debt. When someone I am having to come clean with treats me with respect, it lifts my spirits and my resolve. So happy for you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suna,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I look forward to following all of your successes! The spending diary is awesome, I really like how it tracks all of my spending by categories. It's very helpful!

    ReplyDelete