Thursday, June 2, 2011

Countdowns

I have numerous countdowns going right now.  I feel like one of my favorite sesame street characters....The Count...  ah ah ah



8 hours until my garage sale starts.

ah ah ah  (that's my count laugh)

36 hours until my garage sale is over ( I can't wait for this!)

ah ah ah

4 days until someone who has been pestering my family's life will be moving out of state...(yeah)

ah ah ah

5 days until my husband leaves for a week for his first week of work at his new job

ah ah ah

8 days until I start my new job

ah ah ah

28 days until my husband and I are taking a mini vacation for a family get together. 

ah ah ah

60 days I hope to have one credit card paid off

ah ah ah

100 days I hope to have a second credit card paid off

ah ah ah

160 days I hope to have the third credit card paid off

ah ah ah


We'll see how this goes but I did find out that if I work one extra shift a week at my new "as needed" job I will increase my income by $1500/month.
This is so huge for me.  I have been struggling and I am so excited and motivated to have a way out of this debt I can't stand it.  I only work 3 days a week now (12 hour days) so if I pick up an additional 12 hour day I would still have 3 days a week off.    Definitely do-able until my credit cards are paid off or nearly paid off. 

Well I better get to bed I hear the garage sale'rs come early. 

Hoping for lots of sales tomorrow!!  I will keep my blogger friends updated. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow working one extra day would be so worth it to really propel your debt payoff!

    Good luck with your garage sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, I too live for the future and that is okay if you are looking forward to a vacation or seeing friends and family it is not okay if we are living to pay off debt!

    ReplyDelete