Thursday, June 9, 2011

the aftermath

Well, I'm living in the aftermath of the garage sale.  It's great.  My garage is basically empty.  Especially after tonight.  I took my leftovers that didn't sell (only about 4 boxes worth) to my in-laws since they are having a garage sale tomorrow.  So whatever doesn't sell at theirs is going straight to goodwill.  The bad part is that I sold a few items in my garage sale in preparation for our move and now my house is a bit messy. 
I sold our two dressers.  This is a big problem because it held our socks.  I think we may have had an overabundance of socks for a married couple anyway.  It seems very apparent now.  I think our entire dresser consisted of sock and underwear.  This becomes a bigger problem when you are planning for Realtors and home buyers to be walking through your house. 
I can just imagine their conversations right now....my house is a mini disaster. 
I have got to get to work when it comes to cleaning the house.  Sigh....it never takes long to do I just lack the motivation to do it. 

Random thought for the day - I am so jealous of one of my friends who just bought a pop up camper and they have been vacationing all over south dakota she and her husband and their two kids.  Their pictures look perfect.  I really wish I could be doing that same exact thing.  I don't have kids but that's what I want.  They drive a jeep (which I also love), 2 kids, pop up camper, family vacation and they are truly a great couple.  You know the kind that you want to be around because they like each other and they are normal. 
I'm envious....I think that's a bad thing....I shouldn't be that way.  Please don't get me wrong.  I love them to death.  They are a great family...I just wish I was having the same experiences with my imaginary family (since we don't have kiddos yet)

3 comments:

  1. Life is always greener. You have been working very hard and the stress of the last couple of months is making you tired. Your friends probably envy you because you have no kids and bright future ahead of you with no responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great garage sale! Yes, I've been in the green envy camp too. Only my envy comes with friends who have pensions and don't have to rely on 401K's to see them through retirement! Also, I have very close friends who take at least 2 cruises a year! BUT, I wouldn't change my family or life...I'll just have to work harder to accomplish my goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just thought I'd leave a note to say hi and hope all is well, have missed your blog updates.

    ReplyDelete